Core Skills Training (British Council)
The British Council is championing six core skills to help prepare young people for life and work in a globalised economy, by offering professional development opportunities to teachers to embed these skills in the curriculum.
- Improved professional knowledge and skills.
- Improved confidence in their ability to plan and deliver core skills teaching.
- Use physical/virtual networks to develop best practice.
- Young people demonstrate enhanced knowledge, understanding and skills for work in a global economy
- Young people contribute responsibly to society, locally and globally.
4 Day Training
(1 Day Introductory & 3 Day In-Depth) for Teachers 24 – 26 July 2017 (Day 1 – 3) & 23 Oct 2017 (Day 4) SMK Pandamaran Jaya.
Creativity & Collaboration (focus on ‘literacy development’, one of MCII”s core areas).
24 language teachers (Standard 1 or 2) from 12 primary schools.
1 week before
- Collect baseline data
Day 1 Intro to Core Skills
- Homework: think of idea for project
Day 2 & 3 Creativity & Imagination
- Pedagogical approaches to encouraging students’ creativity
- Draft action plan (incorporating ‘Creativity’ & ‘Literacy’)
Next 10 weeks
- Remote support by trainer
- Implement project
Day 4 Creativity & Imagination
- Action Plan sharing session, findings & lessons learnt
- Professional learning circles