STEM with Chumbaka and Mapping Challenges Caused by MCO
Starting from reaching out to students and later building the capacity of teachers, Chumbaka has always been able to encourage interest in STEM among MCII schools since 2016 with partners like YTL Foundation, Hap Seng Group, UEM, Hong Leong Foundation, and OSK Foundation. Their nationwide competitions, Junior Innovate and Young Innovators Challenge have become the anticipated events among the schools.
During an online workshop held in September 2020, the teachers reflected and shared the common challenges faced while implementing online learning with inadequate gadgets and connectivity, the difficulties of coordinating the students with the new SOP, and figuring out how to do students’ assessment with this new norm. Although it was a stressful time, they were not hopeless – they understood that they had to keep learning and adapting. The teachers were able to map out their challenges, shape new perspectives, and develop plans to overcome these identified challenges.
Stepping into 2021, MCII-OSK STEM is in its third and final year, focusing on activation of Clubs for Primary and Secondary Schools through capacity-building for teachers and students by equipping them with 21st Century tools and skills (technical and soft skills). This year, it’s all about sustaining the ecosystem whereby teachers will plan and implement STEM-based initiatives for the school community. Chumbaka will support by running online workshops and events for teachers to focus on strengthening network and growing the community inside and outside the schools.
We understand that this is a difficult time for all educators. We want our teachers to know that we hear you, we support you, and we wish you all the best in educating our next generation.
- What is the B40 student experience after 6 months of MCO? MCII speaks to the Malaysian Reserve.
- MCII speaks to the Edge on the Pressing Need for Collective Impact Solutions
- STEM with Chumbaka and Mapping Challenges Caused by MCO
- Dipti Kumar: A Reflection of 2020 and Moving Forward
- MCII Hopes to Ease Burden with Back to Basics Project and #MCIIpositif Campaign
- What is the B40 student experience after 6 months of MCO? MCII speaks to the Malaysian Reserve. June 14, 2021
- MCII speaks to the Edge on the Pressing Need for Collective Impact Solutions June 14, 2021
- STEM with Chumbaka and Mapping Challenges Caused by MCO February 2, 2021
- Dipti Kumar: A Reflection of 2020 and Moving Forward January 1, 2021
- MCII Hopes to Ease Burden with Back to Basics Project and #MCIIpositif Campaign July 30, 2020